As I briefly mentioned last week, my bridal party pictures won't look anything like this...
...or even this...
...because this is really more my style:
It's not about the makeup, hair, or dresses in the pictures above, it's about the simplicity. I've decided that choosing one single bridesmaid is the right one for me. I just can't seem to come up with any solid cons to going with this plan.
1. I'll keep all of my friends. This is really my biggest fear behind having a large group. I don't want them to get mad at me for picking the wrong dress and I don't want to get mad at them for not showing up on time. Weddings are giant life events that bring out the best and worst in people... and I'm happy with my relationships as they are now!
2. Nobody gets their feelings hurt. Well, I did ask my sister to be Maid of Honor, but who will get jealous of that?!
3. The pictures will always make sense. I won't have to look back at my wedding album and wonder, "Whatever happened to Susan? Too bad we lost touch ten years ago."
4. It will be less expensive... for everyone. They won't have to worry about hosting parties or buying clothes that they'll never wear again and I'll have fewer bouquets to order.
5. Less stress all around. My friends don't have to show up with duties and I don't have too keep tabs on them while worrying about wedding planning. Win-win!
1. It won't be as much fun. Hmm, depends on your definition of fun! If I'm feeling any need for girls to help me get ready or do any wedding crafts, I'll be sure to give my friends a call.
2. My friends won't feel honored. I definitely don't want this to happen. Hopefully the other wedding plans I have will help to avoid this!
What's your bridal party going to look like?
What factors influenced your decision to ask your bridesmaids?